- “Data Protection Law” means: the Data Protection Act 1998 (until repealed), the Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC) (until repealed) and, from 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) or any equivalent provision which may replace the GDPR following the formal political separation of the United Kingdom from the European Union, and all other applicable laws and regulations which may be in force from time to time relating to the processing of personal data and privacy, including where applicable the guidance and codes of practice issued by the Information Commissioner or any other supervisory authority, and the equivalent of any of the foregoing in any relevant jurisdiction
- “personal data”, “data controller”, “data processor”, “processing” and “Information Commissioner” shall have the meanings given to them under applicable Data Protection Law.
For the purposes of applicable Data Protection Law, we (The Naissance Trading & Innovation Company Ltd) are a data controller and therefore we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal data in accordance with applicable Data Protection Law. “Personal data” has a legal definition but, in brief, it refers to information from which a living person can be identified. Such information must be protected in accordance with applicable Data Protection Law.
Legal basis for processing your information
Your consent to processing
- your consent (for which see below); or
- subject to your rights set out below, the legitimate interest of providing services to our users through the Website, which requires the processing of your personal data to enable us to provide these services.
If you have previously given consent you may freely withdraw such consent at any time. You can do this through your account on the Website or by notifying us in writing using the contact details below.
If you withdraw your consent, and if we do not have another legal basis for processing your personal data (see above), then we will stop processing it. If we do have another legal basis for processing your personal data then we may continue to do so subject to your legal rights (for which see below).
Please note that if we need to process your personal data in order to operate the Website and/or provide our services, and you object or do not consent to us processing your personal data, the Website and/or those services may not be available to you.
How we collect and use your personal information & data
Unless you wish to agree and accept to participate or subscribe in or to a particular service or any promotional offers, you will only be asked to provide your email address whilst accessing our Website to be included in our newsletter mail outs. Participation in other promotions or competitions may require further personal information, data and details.
However, if you desire to be eligible for an offer through subscription to or other means, purchase a product, join the online community (Online community is not limited or exclusive to any online platform and covers all online aspects) or if you wish to view exclusive or any of our content via the means of admission to or to submit participation in, you may be asked to provide the following information, data and / or details:
Title – Forename - Surname – Postal address either residential, business address or other delivery address – Email address – Payment details, registered bank card address details – and any other information which we deem necessary and appropriate in order to facilitate, process and complete your order or to grant you access and participation to exclusive content, promotions, competitions or other accessible, miscellaneous inclusions.
The collection of this information is necessary so that Naissance and its authorised data processors can process and complete your product(s) order/s or grant you access to exclusive content, promotions, competitions or other accessible, miscellaneous inclusions and for the purpose of providing more relevant content to you. We may also use your information:
- to operate, administer, maintain, provide, analyse and improve the Website and the services available through the Website
- to investigate and address any comments, queries or complaints made by you regarding the Website, and any similar or related comments, queries or complaints from other users
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device
- for administration, maintenance and improvements of the Website and/or our services
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Website, including inputting information and providing feedback
- to contact you for marketing purposes (see 'Marketing and opting out' below)
- to disclose your information to selected third parties as permitted by this Policy
- to notify you about changes to the Website
- to comply with our legal obligations, including obligations relating to the protection of personal data.
In addition, we may use your information in an anonymous, aggregate form (so that your individual details are not identifiable) for the purpose of creating and collating statistical marketing information, data compiling and aiding strategy based development, and disclosure to third parties (including without limitation analytics and search engine providers) to assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website. In such circumstances we do not disclose any information which can identify you personally.
Where you have provided information as indicated above, please let us know and keep us informed if any of your details or data should change and as a subsequence of you not doing so, it may result in us not being able to continue to fulfil your order and/or maintain our service(s) to you.
Marketing and opting out
Where you have previously ordered products or services from us we may contact you by email and post about similar or related products, services, promotions and special offers that may be of interest to you. We will inform you (during the sale process) if we intend to use your data for such purposes and give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such information from us. In addition, and if you have given permission, we may also contact you by email and post about our other products, services, promotions and special offers. We will inform you (before collecting your data) and seek your express permission if we intend to use your data for such additional marketing purposes.
If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, or you no longer wish to receive them, you can opt out at any time by sending us an email, calling us or writing to us to inform us that you do not wish to be contacted by us, giving us enough information to identify you and deal with your request. Alternatively you can follow the unsubscribe instructions in emails you receive from us.
In addition, we will not disclose your personal information to business partners and/or third party companies for direct marketing purposes and you will not be contacted by any third party companies for direct marketing purposes.
Your payment information & details and how we protect them
To process orders, we utilise industry-standard secure technology to allow for the encryption of potentially sensitive information. Procedures are in place to keep your data as secure as possible, including but not limited to; Fraud prevention, encryption and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard procedures. Unfortunately, the transmission of any information via the internet is not completely secure due to its nature. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website or via any third party sites used to secure your payment; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information and / or data, we will use strict procedures and security features, standards and protocols to try to prevent unauthorised access.
In addition, it is important for you to protect yourself against unauthorised access to your online account and to your computer, so please ensure that you have signed off after accessing your online account with us when using a shared computer.
Cookies are used on this/the Naissance shopping site where they are strictly necessary for the site functionality. They are used to aid navigation, and to keep track of the contents of your shopping cart. If you log in to an account, your logged-in status is recorded in a temporary cookie. If you select the 'Remember Me' Option in the checkout, a cookie will be used to remember your details. You can turn off cookies by blocking them in your browser Privacy settings. If you turn off cookies, you will be unable to place orders or benefit from the other features that use them.
Other relevant information
Naissance do not disclose buyers' information to third parties other than :
- to other companies within our group of companies (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006);
- as part of order fulfilment, to our business partners, service providers or third-party contractors to enable them to undertake services for us and/or on our behalf, including assisting us in providing goods and services to you, and we will ensure they have appropriate measures in place to protect your information;
- if our whole business is sold or integrated with another business, or if we sell or buy any business or assets, your information may be disclosed to any prospective buyer or seller (and their and our represenatives) and, if our business is acquired or merged, your information will be passed on to the new owners of the business;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, including (but not limited to) any request or order from law enforcement agencies and/or HMRC in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity; and
- to other third parties if you have specifically consented to us doing so.
In each case, we will ensure that the relevant third party will not disclose any of your details to any other third party.
From time to time we may need to transfer your information to countries outside the European Economic Area, which comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein (“EEA
If you are an individual, this section sets out your legal rights in respect of any of your personal data that we are holding and/or processing. If you wish to exercise any of your legal rights you should put your request in writing to us (using our contact details below) giving us enough information to identify you and respond to your request.
- You have the right (which may be subject to the payment of a small fee depending on when you request this right) to request information about personal data that we may hold and/or process about you, including: whether or not we are holding and/or processing your personal data; the extent of the personal data we are holding; and the purposes and extent of the processing.
- You have the right to have any inaccurate information we hold about you be corrected and/or updated. If any of the information that you have provided changes, or if you become aware of any inaccuracies in such information, please let us know in writing giving us enough information deal with the change or correction.
- You have the right in certain circumstances to request that we delete all personal data we hold about you (the ‘right of erasure’). Please note that this right of erasure is not available in all circumstances, for example where we need to retain the personal data for legal compliance purposes. If this is the case we will let you know.
- You have the right in certain circumstances to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, for example where the personal data is inaccurate or where you have objected to the processing (for which see below).
- You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to have it provided in a structured format suitable for you to be able to transfer it to a different data controller (the ‘right to data portability’). Please note that the right to data portability is only available in some circumstances, for example where the processing is carried out by automated means. If you request the right to data portability and it is not available to you we will let you know.
- You have the right in certain circumstances to object to the processing of your personal data. If so, we shall stop processing your personal data unless we can demonstrate sufficient and compelling legitimate grounds for continuing the processing which override your own interests. If, as a result of your circumstances, you do not have the right to object to such processing then we will let you know.
- You have the right in certain circumstances not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, for example where a computer algorithm (rather than a person) makes decisions which affect your contractual rights. Please note that this right is not available in all circumstances. If you request this right and it is not available to you we will let you know.
- You have the right to object to direct marketing, for which see ‘Marketing and opting out’ above.
Please use our online contact support form provided on our website via the following link
for general queries or any customer service query you may have and a member of our team will send a response where necessary;
Contact telephone number
Call us free from any eligible UK landline on 0800 0430 826
Address details for written queries
Write to us at;
Unit 9 Milland Road Industrial Estate, Milland Road, Neath, SA11 1NJ United Kingdom